Location : Ocala
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 10899314
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
To perform advanced professional accounting work covering all phases of account maintenance, audit or expenditure control phases of fiscal transactions of a large operating unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Insure that all receipts are posted to the proper accounts. Insure that all expenditures are properly recorded.
- Post financial information for the College moveable property inventory. Complete all forms required on equipment purchased with grant money and forward to the proper agency.
- Balance monthly bank statements. Prepare budget amendments both internal and State required.
- Provide and/or approve journal entries including the liquidating entries on each payroll.
- Responsible for the proper encumbrance of all salaries.
- Prepare the monthly trial balance, quarterly statements, and annual financial reports.
- Maintain records and prepare various other financial report
- These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Works inside in an office environment.
- (Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Three years accounting experience required with one year being in government accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of government accounting, auditing and expenditure control systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment as applied to the maintenance of government accounting systems.
- Knowledge of the applicable laws, regulations, procedures and processes governing the receipt, custody and expenditure of monies.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of professional, sub-professional and clerical accounting personnel. Ability to prepare financial and statistical reports. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public.
Full -Time positions, hours are not specified
Annual Salary: $38,094 - $47,618.00
Skills :accounting Accounting Software Analyze financial data Bookkeeping Follow tax laws Quickbooks Tax Reports