Assistant Director, Admissions
Under the general direction of the Center Director this position coordinates efforts in and around Marion County to recruit, enroll, and advise new and returning students as well as maintaining a strong presence within the community and businesses to help grow enrollment.
Duties and Tasks:
- Increase the regional prominence of the Ocala Center education at Saint Leo University through program marketing, information sessions, student recruitment and implementation of enrollment management tactics.
- Implement a seamless follow-up on all prospects and develop effective relationships with the area businesses and education community, ensuring high visibility for the programs and Saint Leo University at large.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the recruitment and marketing plan with the purpose of promoting Saint Leo University’s visibility and general recruitment efforts throughout the Florida region.
- Meet enrollment goals for assigned target recruitment area.
- Evaluate and execute admission decisions on applicant files.
- Maintain continuing flow of quality applicants to the University by analyzing trends in enrollment and marketing activities, leading activities to continue programs that are effective; presenting new strategies for the University's recruitment and admission activities.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance University reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Advise new and returning students, register students in University enrollment system, maintain/update files and complete/assist in student paperwork.
- Support the University’s mission and core values as a contributing member of the University community.
- Other duties as assigned by the Center Director.
- Travel, weekend and evening work is required.
- Prior recruiting and marketing experience, advising skills, preferably in higher education recruiting adult students.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of higher education.
- Knowledge of recruiting and marketing practices.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Skilled in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Skilled in speaking effectively to others to convey information.
- Skilled in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Skilled in complex problem solving including reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Skilled in adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Skilled in working with Microsoft Office Suite such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Skilled in working with student information systems such as Colleague and SalesForce.
- Ability to work in a team environment, plan and organize work, prioritize work and manage time.
- A proven ability to effectively interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to develop relationships across multiple business units.