Assistant Product Manager
To assist the Product Manager in all product related activities, with an emphasize on: quality control, product warranties, and general customer service. As a basic product understanding of the product is gained, this position will be exposed to the product development process from conceptualization to the final sale to the distributor.
Ideal for someone looking to understand the full process behind bringing products to market.
- Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Assist with quality control on incoming shipments
- Responsible for working with distributors to handle warranty claims.
- Maintain an extensive product knowledge
- Understand and track how products are handled in QuickBooks and how they flow through our warehouse
- The development and design of boundary books (the paperwork explaining the level of product defects acceptable for products) and other documentation activities
- Maintain an understanding of the manufacturing processes to prevent quality control issues
- Assist in the analysis of new products for market viability and project feasibility
- Assist in project planning using GANTT charts and other methods
- Identify, assess, and correct ineffective procedures.
- Mid-level understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Critical thinking abilities
- Extensive written and verbal communication abilities
- This position is completely trainable.
- All that is required is a strong work ethic, analytical mind, and an eye for detail.
- Entrepreneurial mind is a plus.