The Backup Administrator is responsible for fulfilling day to day Enterprise backup operations and backup & recovery, jobs monitoring, and troubleshooting failures. In addition, has accountability for ensuring data integrity, and providing detailed documentation of operational procedures.
As an Enterprise Backup Administrator, you will provide technical support and coordination for the corporation’s Enterprise backup Systems, which will include evaluation, installation, and maintenance of all supporting technologies used to provide backup services throughout the On Top of the World Enterprise sites. The Backup Administrator will have a secondary focus of testing, inspecting, and coordinating maintenance on the corporation’s backup generators and Data Center power backup.
- The Backup Administrator reports to the Network Operations Manager
- Oversee Backup job maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Serve as a liaison with other technical support teams to ensure Backup failures are handled in a timely manner
- Configuring, implementing, capacity planning, and supporting Backup Systems
- Contact Backup System vendor support and work through resolution of error or issues.
- Work with architecture and Network/deployment teams to review and coordinate implementation activities
- Providing support during major network outages / power outages at all locations
- Provide support of all Backup and Recovery infrastructure
- Respond, track and escalate system incidents on all Backup and Recovery infrastructure Monitor and resolve alerts, update and maintain failure logs.
- Follow change management and configuration management procedures and guidelines
- Perform system directed restores of data, verify offsite storage systems quarterly
- Align job policy for retention and compliance by mandated legal and agency data handling requirements
- Inspect Backup power systems, generators, and controls throughout corporation.
- 2-5 years’ experience working with backup systems, networks, and servers is required, computer science degree preferred
- The successful candidate will have knowledge and practical experience in Backup Administration and Windows Enterprise Systems.
- Ability to learn and understand current and evolving technologies and industry standards
- Ability to communicate and problem solve efficiently and effectively with identified users and IT personnel to ensure the implementation of accurate processes.
- Windows OS, Barracuda Backup, and Cisco network experience preferred
- Ability and desire to advance in a team environment supporting various projects and objectives.
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds waist high for support of equipment installations