Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
|This is a specialized position responsible for the procurement of commodities and services for the City. Performs duties with a degree of independence, while working under the guidance of senior buyers. |
|EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: |
- Consults with department personnel on procurement needs and advises of the best methods for purchasing required goods and services.
- Seeks continuous improvement in productivity and reduction of procurement costs through use of procurement analysis, techniques and practices.
- Manages assigned solicitations from project inception through bid award.
- Analyzes bid clarifications and exceptions to determine materiality and communicates determination to vendors and user departments, as appropriate.
- Develops addendum and bid tabulations.
- Receives and evaluates assigned bids, and formal quotes.
- Reviews, approves, and processes requisitions that are compliant with Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Maintains and analyzes for best value the use of State of Florida contracts.
- Sources both new consortium contracts and vendors to obtain the best value for the City. Makes recommendations for alternative buying methods.
- Approves emergency purchase orders as required.
- Attends Trade Shows and Purchasing-Related Seminars/Training Courses.
Required Qualifications :
Work Schedule: Full Time, hours not specifiedAnnual Salary: $38,100.00
|Must have an Associate's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics or related area; and two (2) years of professional purchasing experience, preferably in a public environment, where awards are made through a competitive bid process. Equivalent combination of training, education and experience may be acceptable. |
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Operators Driver's License for required travel.
Certification as a CPPB (Certified Public Purchasing Buyer) is desirable.
|SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: |
- Working knowledge of public procurement laws, practices, and techniques.
- Knowledge of principle and practices of contract administration.
- Ability to review and write simple contracts.
- Knowledge of computer software applications.
- Ability to maintain detailed records and perform a variety of procurement-related administrative and clerical tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and communicate clearly and effectively with subordinates, representatives of other departments, vendors and the public.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Certified Public Purchasing Buyer
Written and Oral Communication