The Computer Technician's role is to support and maintain Computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring Computer performance.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- Conduct research on Computer products in support of Computer procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required computer service levels.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding computer and/or hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and computer hardware
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Ability to lift over 25 lbs
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.