May handle a variety of transactions and reports that require familiarity with Company accounting practices and procedures with specific experience with Inventory and COGS. Will maintain accounting records related to the department. Position involves close coordination with other departments / functions as well as external contacts requiring a high level of professionalism, communication skills and integrity. Responsibilities and work require accounting, ERP system literacy and analytical skills and are expected to be performed with a high level of independence.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Use logic and reason to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Prepare, analyze and communicate monthly financial results and expenditure reports to departments.
- Actively participate in developing annual operating plans and monthly forecasting
- Knowledgeable in Job Costing and/or Standard Costing
- Perform standard accounting work as assigned relating to the compilation and analysis of financial data for use in financial reports
- Prepares appropriate preliminary commentary or explanations relative to report items deemed to be of particular interest or significance
- Perform all closing processes related to the ERP system as they relate to the cost accounting function.
- The incumbent conducts analysis of accounts involved, applying normal accounting techniques and standard practices to the identification and resolution of anomalies in the classification and recording of financial transactions or cost elements
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting practices and sufficient accounting knowledge to determine proper entries, prepare reports and to review records to possibly determine causes of results shown
- Support finance in achieving objectives and maintaining workflow
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- May be asked to perform within physical requirements including, but not limited to 40 lb. single lift, walking, kneeling, squatting and standing for long periods of time.
- Job functions may include special assignments as directed by the department supervisor or manager.
- Bachelors Degree - Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting and analysis
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems and integrating business systems
- Skilled at database and spreadsheet applications including MS Office (Word, Access and Excel) and Crystal Reports
- Proven ability to synthesize complex data and information into meaningful information
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail to produce accurate work products
- Highly organized, ability to set priorities and multi-task
- High level of initiative and judgment
- Interpersonal skills and ability to build professional relationships with a varied number of team members
- Knowledge of manufacturing cost processes
Not required but preferred:
- Baan or other ERP System experience