Data Analyst / Reporting Coordinator
Assist with coordinating institutional effectiveness program. Manage the state reporting process to insure that data submission requirements and reporting deadlines are met. Review data and data handling procedures to maintain/improve data quality. Analyze, evaluate and interpret data for the institution to effectively coordinate the reporting requirements of multiple departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the director with coordinating institutional research program.
- Interpret quantitative data and design statistical models for researching problems or questions.
- Identify trends, patterns and relationships in the data to support administrative decision making.
- Serve as the official point-of-contact between the Florida Department of Education Community College and Technical Center Management Information System (CCTCMIS) and the employer for all reporting to the Division and attend the Florida Department of Education Management Information System Advisory Task Force (MISATFOR) meetings.
- Lead the maintenance and improvement of data integrity; timely, complete and accurate response to state, federal and other data submission requirements.
- Inform and educate personnel about data reporting that will be required of them to meet reporting requirements.
- Analyze and Interpret data files and edit reports from the Florida College System.
- Ability to understand/work with data dictionaries, SQL; Create, test, correct and maintain queries to take into account changes in procedures or types of reports desired.
- Support the college-wide calendar of academic and service area program reviews.
- Assist in developing definitions of input and output elements. Assist in training users in data input, data retrieval, and report interpretation.
- Perform analyses of data and create summaries in narrative and/or graphic displays.
- Understand the relationship between the CCTCMIS database and the college’s ERP database.
- Manages the implementation of WEAVE Online planning and assessment tools; provide technical assistance to department staff.
- Represent the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness as necessary.
- Must be adaptable to performing under moderate levels of stress, imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads, or public/student contact.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule - late afternoons or evenings, or on weekends; work related travel may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction).
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid).
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and pointing device.
- Ability to drive a vehicle to various meeting locations within the state (must have a valid Florida driver’s license for required travel).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing on a telephone and on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Routinely requires sitting at a desk and viewing a display screen for extended periods of time
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer or other electronic device
- Routinely requires Moderate (up to 40 pounds) lifting and carrying
- Routinely requires Walking, Standing, Sitting, Kneeling, Stooping, Reaching up, Twisting and Bending.
- Works inside in an office environment and travels throughout state as necessary to perform job duties.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Three years verifiable work experience is required using data access/analysis software packages and relational databases (such as Cognos, SQL, SAS) to analyze data and develop internal and external business reports
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people. Proficiency in oral and written communications skills, both formal and informal. Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and statistical application in research. Demonstrated exercise of critical thinking, analytical skills, independent judgement and attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines. Proficient computer skills, including MS Office (especially Word and Excel), e-mail, and query languages.
The employer will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, genetic information or disability status in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students.