Development Services Manager
Employer is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Development Services Manager. Under general policy direction from the City Manager, plans, organizes, and manages the city planning programs and services; and performs related work as assigned.
A manager with responsibility to perform professional work for policy development, program planning, and budget management in the City’s Planning and Community Development Department; Responsible for accomplishing departmental and city objectives and goals within guidelines established by the City Council and City Manager.
Performs administrative functions to administer the Comprehensive Plan; site plan and property use approval(s); and the proper functioning of all Land and Development type Review Boards and Commissions, in the operations of Building, Zoning, and Code Enforcement activities: to include administrative functions, to maintain compliance and performance, of the City Community Redevelopment Agency.
The preferred candidate must be able to:
- Plan, direct and integrate broad, comprehensive planning and community development programs and services; analyze complex planning and community development issues and problems, evaluate alternative solutions and develop sound conclusions, recommendations and courses of action;
- Present proposals and recommendations clearly and logically in public meetings;
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply local, Florida, and federal law and regulations governing land use planning and community development;
- Evaluate management practices and adopt effective courses of action;
- Develop clear, concise and comprehensive technical reports, correspondence and other written materials; Exercise sound, expert independent judgment within general policy guidelines;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Appointed Board and Commission members of various entities to include the Community Redevelopment Agency Board, other officials, staff, private and community organizations, developers and others encountered in the course of the work.
- Work with the public.
- Attend Council Meetings when directed.
- Preforms other duties as assigned by the City Manager.
Work Schedule: Full-time; hours not specified
Salary: $43,500 - $58,000 DOQ/E