Director of Institutional Advancement
Location : Ocala
Job Type : Talent Center Postings
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
A local school is searching for a director of advancement. The qualified candidate will be able to work to grow the school through its mission and vision. This director of Advancement reports directly to the president of the school and this is a 12 month position. The position will begin July 1, 2019.
Job Summary: The Director of Advancement is responsible for the coordination of all fund raising activities. She/he is responsible for working with the community to build and sustain strong bonds of support for the school. She/he acquires resources for the present and future stability of the school, for financial assistance for needy students, and for the stewardship and renovation of the present and planned facilities. She/he directs, builds and coordinates all fundraising as well as alumni, community and public relations of the school, organizing activities to meet the philosophy and goals of the school. She/he is appointed by and reports directly to the President.
- Work with President to build a development plan that is integrated with the school’s strategic plan
- Maintain and grow the donor database
- Develop strategies for each giving program including cultivation strategies for all major gift prospects
- Oversee the creation and supervision of the Development budget
- Manage prospect research
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers for a variety of development and communication related committees
- Identify, cultivate and solicit institutional donors
- Maintain good working relationships with all area pastors
- Perform other tasks or services consistent with the position as assigned by the president
Required Qualifications :
The qualified candidate will have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, business, marketing or other related field.
- Three to five years of fundraising management experience and a proven track record of fundraising accomplishments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as experience managing volunteers and mentoring less experienced staff.
- Experience in major gift solicitation and planned giving as well as producing printed publication.
Skills :Communication Donor relations fundraising Gift solicitation