Engineering Design Technician (Water Resources)
Technical position conducting the review and evaluation of project construction plans and details.
- Review plans and calculations submitted with permit applications for residential and non-residential projects to ensure compliance with standards, ordinances and laws.
- Under the review and direction of Senior Utility Engineer or Project Manager, responsible technical work reviewing utility improvement plans, calculations and as-builts to ensure compliance with standards, ordinances and laws.
- Assists with site site inspections for utility projects to ensure compliance
- Assists with obtaining grant funding for specific grant programs.
- Attends meetings with Applicants, Contractors and Consultants.
- Perform records research for the future utility easements when necessary.
- CAD work to assist with County Surveyor
- Performs related work as required.
Education, Training, and Experience:
A Bachelors Degree in engineering is required and an E.I.TCertification is preferred. Applicants should be at a minimum a recent college graduate with internship experience in general civil engineering design, site development, residential development, transportation projects, and storm water related projects. Applicants should also have knowledge in interpreting field surveys, plan review, and site construction. A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum requirements. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and ArcGis is required, and knowledge of Autodesk Civil3D is preferred. Oral and written communication skills are also required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration, Skills:
Valid Florida Driver License for required travel. Must have or be able to obtain within two years: E.I.T Certification. Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days: certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100C, 200B, 700B and 800B. Must have or be able to obtain within two years: FDOT Intermediate Level Maintenance of Traffic and FDEP Stormwater Management Inspector certifications.
Business conducts an employment reference check, criminal background check, physical examination and drug test.
Work Schedule: Full-time; hours not specified
Salary: $17.89 - $27.25 per hour