Engineering Design Technician
Technical position conducting the review and evaluation of project construction plans and details.
- Review plans and calculations submitted with permit applications for residential and non-residential projects to ensure compliance with standards, ordinances and laws.
- Review and process Right-of-Way permit applications, Slab Waiver applications and site grading plans to ensure compliance with standards, ordinances and laws.
- Responsible technical work reviewing plats, subdivision and construction improvement plans, calculations and as built to ensure compliance with standards, ordinances and laws.
- Provides site inspections for all permitted projects to ensure compliance.
- Attends meetings with Applicants, Contractors and Consultants.
- Meets and coordinates with state and other agencies.
- Facilitates the FDOT District 7 Liaison Committee meetings for Citrus County.
- Performs related work as required.
Education, Training, and Experience:
A Bachelors Degree in engineering is required and an E.I. Certification is preferred. Applicants should be at a minimum a recent college graduate with internship experience in general civil engineering design, site development, residential development, transportation projects, and storm water related projects. Applicants should also have knowledge in interpreting field surveys, plan review, and site construction. A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum requirements. Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is required, and knowledge of Autodesk Civil3D is preferred. Oral and written communication skills are also required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration, Skills:
Valid Florida Driver License for required travel. Must have or be able to obtain within two years: E.I. Certification. Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days: certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100B, 200B, 700A and 800B. Must have or be able to obtain within two years: FDOT Intermediate Level Maintenance of Traffic and FDEP Stormwater Management Inspector certifications.
Business conducts an employment reference check, criminal background check, physical examination and drug test.
Work Schedule: Full-time; hours not specified
Salary: $17.89 - $27.25 per hour