Engineering Design Technician
Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Education :
Job Description :
|Veterans Preference |
Technical position conducting the review and evaluation of project construction plans and details.
- Review plans and calculations submitted with permit applications for residential and non-residential projects to ensure compliance with standards, ordinances and laws.
- Review and process Right-of-Way permit applications, Slab Waiver applications and site grading plans to ensure compliance with standards, ordinances and laws.
- Responsible technical work reviewing plats, subdivision and construction improvement plans, calculations and as built to ensure compliance with standards, ordinances and laws.
- Provides site inspections for all permitted projects to ensure compliance.
- Attends meetings with Applicants, Contractors and Consultants.
- Meets and coordinates with state and other agencies.
- Facilitates the FDOT District 7 Liaison Committee meetings for Citrus County.
- Performs related work as required.
Required Qualifications :
Education, Training, and Experience:
Certificates, Licenses, Registration, Skills: Valid Florida Driver License for required travel. Must have or be able to obtain within two years: E.I. Certification. Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days: certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100B, 200B, 700A and 800B. Must have or be able to obtain within two years: FDOT Intermediate Level Maintenance of Traffic and FDEP Stormwater Management Inspector certifications.
- A Bachelors Degree in engineering is required and an E.I. Certification is preferred.
- Applicants should be at a minimum a recent college graduate with internship experience in general civil engineering design, site development, residential development, transportation projects, and storm water related projects.
- Applicants should also have knowledge in interpreting field surveys, plan review, and site construction.
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum requirements.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is required, and knowledge of Autodesk Civil3D is preferred. Oral and written communication skills are also required.