Engineering Technologist III (lighting Programs)
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us - help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
Engineering Technologist III
*** This position can sit in various locations available in Coastal Florida Zone, St Petersburg, Clearwater, or Ocala. ***
The Engineering Technologist III position is the third level of the non-Engineer degreed technical support role. An Engineering Technologist III provides technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Employees in the Engineering Technologist III position are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with a high degree of independence.
This position will reside in the new 1DF - Lighting Programs organization and will provide engineering, design, and technical support for assigned lighting work orders within the assigned jurisdiction.
This is the third level of the non-Engineer degreed technical support role job classification. Engineering Technologist III provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Provides deep technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise,
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities,
- Independently prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches,
- Conducts engineering and related studies,
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance,
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities,
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills,
- Maintains accurate records and files,
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally
- Corporate office or plant environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Technology with a minimum of three (3) years of industry experience, OR an Associate's degree in Engineering Technology with a minimum of five (5) years of experience, OR a minimum of nine (9) years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Experience in applying the basic principles of project management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the utility industry
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)-No
Visa Sponsored Position-No