Fire Rescue Logistics Internship
Are you a student pursuing a career in logistics? Do you want to learn more about local government? If you answered yes to these questions, then you should apply for the Marion County Fire Rescue Logistics internship program!
Our college internship programs provide college students with the opportunity to work on special projects and/or assignments with teams of professionals in their chosen field. Internships generally last one semester coinciding with the school schedule or over the summer. Marion County will accommodate student and school requests for longer or shorter periods depending on the needs of our departments.
Interns frequently assist with projects and tasks such as:
• Managing parts and materials using historical tracking for the purpose of ensuring proper inventory and supply levels at all times.
• Tracking purchases in process to ensure timely receipt, matching to purchase order, and receipt of correct orders. Creating spreadsheets to analyze data for future or past purchases.
• Performing records management functions associated with inventory tracking, re-ordering, and budget tracking.
• Performing research in obtaining price quotes for regularly required and special project items; evaluating cost impacts of necessary materials, parts and supplies.
• Creating plans to increase efficiency, making recommendations for policy changes that could result in savings to MCBCC.
• Assisting the Clerk of the Court, Fire operations and Logistics Captain with annual audits as well as ongoing audits for missing or non-located items.
• Providing exceptional customer service to both co-workers and the citizens of MCBCC.
• Assisting the Support Services manager and team with making purchases, and performing department-wide inventory.
The selected intern will have a high school diploma and be enrolled in a post-secondary program in logistics with above average data entry and computer skills.
Please complete and send the attached volunteer application as well as a resume to email@example.com Submitted applications will be continuously reviewed until the position is filled. Please contact Robyne Fraize, Marion County HR Manager at the above email or at 352-438-2351 if you have any questions.