Information Technology Infrastructure Manager
This is a professional and highly technical position responsible for the continual design,implementation and oversight directory services, server infrastructures, enterprise storage,backup systems and their integration with end-user and network devices.
The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including working in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
- Creates an infrastructure road map and corresponding deployment plans with detailed target-state documentation based on benchmarks, current technologies, staffing,business requirements, policies, and strategic initiatives.
- Manages a team in developing and implementing systems and processes to deploy,maintain and monitor enterprise systems and operational activity. Uses best-practice processes to manage service-enhancing upgrades and modifications, including but not limited to OS patches and security updates.
- Reviews request for additions or changes to the infrastructure and makes determination regarding feasibility in order to maintain appropriate levels of service.
- Conducts research on enterprise products, services, and standards. Provide accurate and unbiased feedback to senior management through effective written and oral communications.
- Determines budgetary requirements and provide long-range planning related enterprise products and services. Interact and negotiate with vendors to secure products and services.
- Establishes and maintains strategic relationships with technology providers.
- Plans and organizes work and projects by evaluating conditions to determine which tasks should be performed in what order and what materials or information are required.
- Supervises personnel, conducts performance evaluations, recommends promotions and discipline, as well as hiring decisions.
- Monitors production and troubleshoots and initiates problem solving. Monitors and tests computer performance and provides performance statistics and reports. Recommend,schedule, and perform computer improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Analyzes hardware, software, and communication problems using diagnostic software and/or technical trouble shooting processes for the County's distributed computers and network. Manages servers and their associated operating system and software ensuring limited down time due to malfunctions.
- Provides escalation support for all systems, network, and desktop support personnel.
- Retains relevant job knowledge and expertise by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks;participating in professional organizations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Implements the organizations guiding principles and core values.
This is a front-line management position for providing excellent customer service to other County departments, employees, and members of the general public. Personal contact occurs with other employees of the unit, employees of other departments in the County, citizens, and customers of the department. Service is provided in person or by phone contact.
Direct supervision over a relatively small number of employees and indirect supervision of a small size staff who report to other supervisors or managers. Includes assigning, directing,evaluating, and reviewing work of subordinate employees. Responsibilities include providing on-the-job training; evaluating job performance; recommending selection of new staff members,promotions, status changes, and discipline; and planning, scheduling, and coordinating work operations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree from four-year college or university with major course work in information management, computer science or related field; with six years progressively knowledgeable and responsible experience in systems administration and analysis in a diverse enterprise computing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Formal training and certifications may be required for various technology.
Valid Florida Drivers License for required travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries, complaints from customers, regulatory agencies,or members of the business community.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and detailed system diagrams.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences including top management, public groups, and/or boards.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference,and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Problem Solving Ability
- Ability to apply strong analytical and problem solving skills to a wide variety of problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism graphs in their most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to function independently and in group settings as an expert in matters of specialized policy, analyses or complex technical systems.
Specialized Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of various computer platforms and operating systems as adopted by the County.
- Expert knowledge of various enterprise level systems and ability to convey computing concepts effectively to non-technical users.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate, and review the work of subordinate analysts.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and priorities.
- Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with department officials and other administrative personnel.
- Ability to organize material, analyze information, and develop recommendations.
- Ability to express complex concepts and technical matters clearly and concisely in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to take a teamwork approach to the job by cooperating with others, offering to help others when needed, and considering larger organization or team goals rather than individual concerns. Includes the ability to build a constructive team spirit where team members are committed to the goals and objectives of the team.
Machines and Equipment
This employee will be required to operate a computer, calculator, telephone, copy machine, and other general office equipment, as well as drive a vehicle, in the completion of the tasks of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally be required to stand,walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and to lift up to one hundred pounds; will regularly be required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and frequently be required to talk or hear. Vision requirements are close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally be required to be exposed to moving mechanical parts;fumes, gases or odors; toxic/caustic substances, and risk of electrical shock. The typical noise level for this environment is moderate to loud.
Work Schedule: Full Time, some nights and weekends
Salary: $24.65 per hour