Junior Network Administrator / Systems Analyst
A. Purpose and Scope: Junior Network Administrator
Maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade corporate LAN/WAN.
Administer all functions related to the enterprise network.
B. Essential Functions:
- Implement new installations, service packs, and upgrades.
- Create backup procedure, hardware redundancy, and disaster recovery plans.
- Perform routine maintenance and develop maintenance schedules for hardware.
- Maintain corporate firewall, routers, switches, hubs, and workstations.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade network wiring and rack systems.
- Create and implement various network security, asset management, and training policies/procedures.
- Develop network computer operations and procedures documentation.
- Create network diagrams, feasibility studies, and implementation plans.
A. Purpose and Scope: Systems Analyst
The Systems Analyst is responsible for providing technical support, training and evaluation of all current and future production systems and procedures to improve production or workflow, or expanding systems to serve new purposes.
B. Essential Functions:
- Translating company requirements into highly specified project briefs.
- Identifying options for potential solutions and accessing them for both
- technical and business suitability.
- Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Drawing up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems.
- Presenting proposals to management.
- Work closely with Information Technology personnel and end users to
- ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines are met.
- Create testing schedules for the complete system.
- Implementation of new systems and procedures.
- Planning and working flexibly to a deadline.
- Providing training to users of the system or procedures.
The Junior Network Administrator / Systems Analyst will report to the IT Manager.
Salary: $15 - $22 per hour depending on experience
A. EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent job experience or MCSE, networking certification or equivalent job experience
B. Technical Requirements:
- Knowledge of computer networking, IP routing, and security schemas.
- Thorough knowledge of software application development.
- Knowledge of MS Office products.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Methodologies.