Junior Software Developer
Company is the domestic and international leader in water meter testing and technology services. With more than 25 years’ experience assisting municipal and private utilities throughout the world, has a long track recorded of success.
Core business and expertise include:
- Patented Water Meter Testing Systems & Software Technology
- Water System Specialty and Fabricated Products
- Out-of-the-box thinking, allows business to leverage its unique, proprietary technology, patent positioning, manufacturing infrastructure, and world-class management strength, to further position itself as the leader in water industry.
The Junior Software Developer is part of an agile development team building and working on proprietary enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Junior Software Developer is involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing. As a small team you will be leaned on for support of clients as needed.
Core Position Responsibilities:
- Working with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Assisting in the collection of documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Working with teammates in the migration of older applications to current technologies.
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Providing third-level support to business users.
- Demonstrated ability in the operation and configuration of MS Windows, MS SQL Server/Express, MS Office, IIS
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Familiarity with version control concepts
- Teamwork, initiative, multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal communication, ability to multitask and also easily move between tasks in certain situations, self-starter, ability to follow instructions from peers, willingness to whatever it takes to meet company and customer expectations.
- Exposure to Microsoft .NET development using C#
- Exposure to SQL querying
- Knowledge of client/server application development
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of unit testing theory
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred; however, will consider similar vocational training and experience
- 1 to 3 years in an active Agile Development team
- Strong desire to learn