Lead Protection & Control Engineer - Power Generation
The Lead Engineer is at the specialist level of the Engineering classification hierarchy. Employees at this level solve complex problems, manage work , and provide leadership to others in engineering areas of specialization, with minimal supervision and increased latitude for un-reviewed work. The Lead Engineer serves in lead roles providing guidance to others. They are also expected to have advanced skills and have the ability to work independently.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of complex problems in area of expertise with the ability to visualize long-term results and assess impacts on a system-wide basis,
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities where only limited standardization exists; handles differing situations which require searching for solutions within area of expertise,
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches with the ability to conduct analysis and recommend process enhancements and standards relative to area of assignment,
- Conducts engineering and related studies with full technical responsibility for planning and coordinating complex projects,
- Applies extensive technical expertise to manage projects and disseminate knowledge to enhance the organizational unit's competitive position,
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures; demonstrates ability to analyze and recommend enhancements to business processes and develops standards relevant to area of assignment,
- Remains abreast of new developments, technologies procedures and equipment,
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities,
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills,
- Maintains accurate records and files,
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally, and
- Coaches and mentors other engineering and non-degreed engineering professionals.
- Corporate office or plant environment
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering obtained from an ABET accredited program, OR state registration as a Professional Engineer (PE), OR a Master's degree in Engineering in lieu of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering experience
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience with generator protection
- Experience with transformer protection
- Experience with motor protection
- Experience with feeder protection
- Experience in the utility industry, preferably within power generation
- 50% regional travel required; all day trips - no overnight travel.
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable): Yes
Position is full-time, hours not specified
Posting Expiration Date
Monday, February 25, 2019
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the laws set forth in the Department of Labor EEO Poster and Supplement.