Manufacturing Engineer (Design)
Location : Ocala
Job Type : Talent Center Postings
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : Bachelors degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Position Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in varied engineering assignments requiring some evaluation, ingenuity and responsibility. The ability to multitask on many projects, both in a support role to others and as a project champion during designated NPD Gates is required.
- Upon generating or being given performance criteria, the project engineer will evaluate existing manufacturing capabilities, consider new technologies, and formulate design concepts to meet the criteria.
- Confers with Operations (manufacturing and procurement) staff concerning new or existing product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with management, engineering, procurement and other staff regarding brainstorming activities and NPD development, DFMEA and manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate product release to meet target production schedules.
- Develops, recommends, and documents changes to product. May be required to implement changes that have been recommended.
- Prepares proposals and cost estimates for new product designs.
- Travel as required. Some international travel may be expected. Travel is not expected to require more than 20% of time.
- Required to be able to work around model shop equipment, testing machines, and manufacturing equipment while following all safety procedures.
Work Schedule: Full-time. 40 hours per week, Day shift.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Position requires, dedication - devotion to task or purpose with loyalty or integrity;
- Position requires, Innovation - Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Position requires a team player: Works well as a member of a group
- Position requires attention to detail: Carryout a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- The ideal candidate should have the following key skill sets:
- Be familiar with Design for Six Sigma, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and Design for Manufacturing
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals for a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision. Plan, schedule and coordinate assigned projects using Microsoft Project.
- And be able to provide examples of their ability to:
- Work with manufacturing facilities, both domestic and international, to design packaging which can be manufactured efficiently.
- Advise tier engineering teams in India and China on knowledge of engineering principles to design products using manufacturing processes such as resistance welding, injection molding, CNC machining and sheet metal fabrication.
- Prepare and maintain Team Center and Solid Edge project files.
- Request and oversee lab testing where needed to support projects.