Marketing and Sales Manager
Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
Identify market opportunities and develop long and short term marketing and sales strategies to attract overnight tourism in Citrus County for sports, group and leisure travel. Ensure that all sales and marketing efforts are developed and fulfilled according to predetermined deadlines. This position is vital to helping the Visitors and Convention Bureau reach its goals and fulfill its mission as the destination marketing organization for Citrus County.
- Assist in the development of marketing, advertising, media and public relations programs in coordination to actively solicit visitors
- Identify trade shows and meetings to attend that promote Citrus County to a variety of group markets
- Coordinate follow up from trade events to disseminate leads to industry partners
- Collaborate with local, regional and state partners on sales missions
- Develop proposals and make presentations to prospective buyers/sellers of travel
- Assist with development and distribution of marketing and sales materials for external and internal stakeholders
- Act as a brand steward, upholding brand and trademark standards in all projects
- Establish and maintain existing relationships with area hotels, tour operators, and attractions
- Facilitates meetings between potential clients and local partners
- Keep promotional materials up to date by coordinating requirements such as sourcing images, checking copy, managing inventory, etc.
- Develop focused account selling strategy; determine competitor business and pursue accordingly
- Implement sales programs to designed to increase awareness of existing events and assist in the development of new opportunities with the potential of overnight stays for Citrus County, concentrating on low hotel occupancy times
- Assist in and execute familiarization tours for travel professionals to Citrus County
- Maintain leads and contacts within the database system
- Frequent travel required
- Perform related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
Education, Training, and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a related field, or combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university required. Two or more years of work experience in tourism marketing, sales, organizational development, cultural programming, or related field preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Skills:
Requires valid Florida Driver License for reqired travel. Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses 100B and 700A. Thorough knowledge of current marketing and sales strategies within tourism industry, extensive graphic design skills including proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
Work Schedule: Full-time; hours not specified
Salary: $35,682.14 - $54,948.92 Annually
Employer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services.
Adobe Creative Suite