Position Summary: Real attention to detail is required. Design, draw and read complicated drawings.
Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
- Liaising with other drafts persons and engineers to gather product information, requirements and designs.
- Calculating dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials.
- Describing production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used).
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) 2D or 3D is a must.
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow.
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team.
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality.
- Ensure final design comply with regulations and quality standards.
- Create manuals that describe existing products operation, features and maintenance.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing/equipment.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Interact with organizational team members and other departments in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook is a must
- BS in Engineering, Architecture or degree from a technical college is desired.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Math skills are essential.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carryout detailed written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to follow through on work assignments.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and communication skills. Situational awareness of surroundings, risk, and hazards.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Employer requires a drug and alcohol test and a background check.
Equipment/Machinery utilized: Computer, copier
Work environment is an office atmosphere. Work environment could also involve some outside exposure. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; walk on non-forgiving surfaces such as concrete, wood, and metal; climb stairs; balance, climb, stoop, crouch, and crawl; walk on hilly and uneven ground; use hands to handle and feel; reach with hands; and communicate with others. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.