OCE Engineering Project Manager III (Stormwater)
The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including working in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the work load.
- May perform field review and inspection of projects and improvement plans submitted to the County for approval, as required by the Department/Section Engineering Manager or Director.
- Coordinates and assists in the preparation of contract documents, permitting, agreements, and related documentation.
- Assists, participates, and coordinates public meetings, contractor meetings, consultant meetings, and other meetings related to the functional area and assigned projects.
- May supervise the construction administration of County projects including pre-construction meetings, shop drawing reviews, inspections, processing of pay requests, change orders, assessing and resolving unforeseen conditions during construction, monitoring of schedules and budgets, overseeing equipment and materials testing, reviewing record drawings and certifications for accuracy, ensure that all work is in conformance with the contract documents and permit conditions before final acceptance, as required by the Department/Section Manager or Director.
- Depending on level of Project Manager, may perform or assist with preliminary or final engineering design, hydraulic modelling and/or traffic modelling depending on area of assignment, on projects as the Engineer of Record or under the supervision of the Department/Section Manager or Director, as applicable
- Directs engineering and other skilled technicians according to the functional area of assignment, e.g., design, surveying, etc.)
- Ma y receive and evaluate citizen and business complaints; coordinates the correction of such problems, as required by the Department/Section Manager or Director.
- May conduct field reviews of complaints and inquiries to analyze areas in question and provide information related to necessary corrective measures, as required by the Department/Section Manager or Director.
- Prepares project budgets and Section Budgets
- May conduct field reviews of completed projects to ensure adherence to established standards, plans, specifications, and related requirements, as required by the Department/Section Manager or Director.
- Prepares regular status reports on progress of projects. Maintains documentation related to other aspects of the work, such as citizen and business inquiries and complaints.
- Conducts research and investigation related to assigned projects and functional area of responsibility. Documents findings and forwards reports/recommendations to proper staff.
- Assists in maintaining GIS database of County projects
- Maintains and enforces departmental rules and regulations in accordance with personnel rules, regulations, and policies. Provides feedback to Engineering Manager for employee evaluations.
- Subject to call out for emergency situations.
Work Schedule: Full-time. Hours not specified
Salary: $21.07 - $25.54 per hour, depending on experience and licensing
Application Instructions: For more information on how to apply for this position, please contact Mary Terrell at email@example.com
Moves through the matrix are meant to be progressive, however, advancements are based on staffing and departmental needs and priorities. Current employees cannot have received disciplinary action within three (3) months or be on a Performance Improvement Plan.