Product Design Sr. Engineering Manager
The Product Design Sr. Engineering Manager will have development engineering responsibility for the accomplishment of detailed designs, specifications, etc. relating to new medical Stretcher chairs and Medical Furnishings used in Hospitals, Dialysis, Oncology and Ambulatory Surgical Settings, modifications to existing products within business focused cost targets, scheduling, quality and regulatory, performance, and aesthetics.
The New Product Design Engineer must understand the medical device and furnishings market and work closely with Marketing & Sales to create product design concepts and effective design improvements.
Must be highly creative in conceptualizing designs. Plans and directs new product design reviews, brainstorming, and improve/support existing designs.
Must have the ability to work in a team environment and provide leadership within a cross-functional project team, utilizing excellent organizational and communication skills.
Ability to effectively interact with Quality, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, as well as external customers and suppliers.
Salary: $80,000. annually, DOE
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Five to seven years in medical products/seating engineering and design, mechanical engineering design, etc.
- Knowledge of materials and their proper application in product design.
- Use existing, and define new, productivity and quality tools (PC, FEA, DFMEA, etc.) to the maximum benefits of the projects.
- Proficient in the design of parts, assemblies, and drawings using 3D CAD system (Solidworks and/or Inventor a plus) and can mentor junior engineers and designers.
- The ability to create solid models and detailed drawings for new designs and maintain design control documentation and project files.
- Fundamental understanding of design controls for medical devices and associated FDA requirements strongly preferred.
- The ability to create product test plans and perform stress analysis.
- Design of metal and plastic components and maximizes design for manufacturability and end-user function. Must be familiar with metal fabrication, welding, and other manufacturing processes.
- Must be comfortable with integration of electrical component integrations, standards and requirements in a medical setting, i.e. compliance with 60601 Third edition.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced organization, meeting multiple deadlines and succeeding under pressure.
- Internet research regarding materials, new technologies, and suppliers.