Product Marketing Manager
The following is indicative of the essential functions, qualifications, experience and physical abilities required to perform the job. Other duties may be assigned.
This position works closely with members of the marketing department, engineering, sales, sales support and operations to ensure continuity in all aspects of their product line and company goals. The product manager is also responsible for adhering to and promoting the company values by performing duties in a manner that is consistent with being a team leader and supports the continued growth of the company.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct and perform all aspects of product development, product changes and product promotions, including development procedures, specifying components, packaging and header design, product positioning, pricing, catalog and sell sheet copy, training aides and point of purchase merchandisers.
- Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally.
- Represent the sales & marketing department in group meetings.
- Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs.
- Produce, maintain and update annual forecast. Develop and maintain product database with product specifications, artwork and catalog copy for dealer co-op advertising and catalogs programs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to help facilitate the timely completion of projects.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences preferred but similar field experience may be considered. 5 years’ experience in product management or marketing. Strong marketing & market analysis skills. Familiarity with upstream/downstream marketing a plus.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and read and interpret metal rule.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Lift up to 90 lbs.
· Stand for extended periods of time
· Work in non-temperature controlled environment
· Work in moderate to high noise level exposure with hearing protection
Competencies: Problem Solving/Analysis, Technical Capacity, Communication Proficiency, Personal Effectiveness/Credibility, Time Management, Presentation Skills.
Contact Talentcenter.org 352-840-5756 for more information