This is a responsible, technical and professional position with responsibilities relating to the overall administration of the financial accounting and reporting functions of the City. This position works closely with and reports to the Accounting Manager.
Examples of Duties:
- Review and post required General Journal and Adjusting Journal Entries.
- Responsible for closing the monthly books in a timely manner.
- Develops reports for the accounting operations (currently using Crystal).
- Responsible for monthly account reconciliations.
- Responsible for the annual physical parts inventory.
- Responsible for bank reconciliations
- Assist with the year-end closing activity, up to and including the audit and CAFR.
- Assist with meeting department performance measures.
- Assist with the fixed assets, grant and pension accounting functions.
- Attend FGFOA meetings, webinars, etc to keep up to date with GASB changes affecting the City.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance with minimum of three years work experience, preferably in governmental area. Master's degree in accounting or business administration preferred. Credentials preferred, CPA, CGFO, CPFO or capability and willingness to sit for exams. Must possess advanced computer skills and the ability to create complex analysis using software applications.
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Operators Driver's License for required travel
CPA, Certified Governmental Financial Officer (CGFO), or CPFO preferred.
Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, including governmental and proprietary accounting and budgeting and their application to the operation of municipal affairs. Comprehensive knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations. Ability to research, compile, and analyze data and prepare complex financial reports and statements. Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting, purchasing, budgeting, statistical analysis, and report writing. Ability to utilize personal computers and various software applications for analytical and data maintenance purposes. Ability to carry out complex oral and written instructions. Ability to communicate, orally and in writing.
Work Schedule: Full-time; Hours not specified
Salary: $46,100.00 - $76,900.00