Senior Accounting Specialist
This is a highly responsible position requiring "hands-on" control over the day-to-day data input, and balancing of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable financial information. This position may report to an Accountant II or III.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- May perform either/both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable daily activity to ensure that work gets completed.
- Assist in set up of all vendor information for electronic payments.
- Assists in processing invoices for payment.
- Receives, distributes and processes corporate accounts (e.g. Phone, cellphone bills).
- Assist with daily accounts receivable work-receipting/invoicing.
- Provides assistance and guidance to staff, other departments and general public with questions pertaining to accounts receivable and accounts payable related items, including vendor updates, policy changes, etc.
- Reconciles Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable general ledger accounts monthly with subsidiary reports.
- Assists in training staff, including cross-training as needs arise and job functions change.
- Assists in determining appropriate work flow to ensure audit compliance pertaining to separation of duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Fills in where short handed in A/PA/R area.
- Researches financial records as needed and assists with annual audit.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate's degree in business or accounting and two years of responsible accounting experience preferably in the receivable and/or payable areas. Must possess advanced computer skills. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Work Schedule: Full Time, hours not specified
Salary: $31,500.00 - $52,400.00 Annually, DOE