Senior Staff Accountant
Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
5 - 7
Required Education :
Job Description :
| Veterans Preference |
The Senior Staff Accountant provides accounting support in the preparation of financial statements, general ledger analysis, and accounts receivable/payable activities.
The following statements describe the principal functions of this position and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individual may perform other duties as assigned by the Controller:
Working Conditions, Material and Equipment Involved:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual will occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, will regularly be required to stand, walk, and to lift up to 25 pounds; and will frequently be required to sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Vision requirements are close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Hazardous Exposure Category:
Involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The majority of work is performed indoors in an office environment. The typical noise level is moderate
- Perform daily accounts receivable tasks such as charging fees, recording payments including ACH drafts, and handling collection efforts over multiple entities
- Perform daily accounts payable tasks such as processing vendor invoices and payments over multiple entities and bank accounts
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for general ledger accounts
- Process monthly reconciliations
- Assist Controller with accounting functions
- Assist other accounting team members as needed
- Participate in open discussions
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller
Work Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, Mon-Fri
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university
- Five to seven years of accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled proficiency with Timberline, Excel, Word & MS Office
- Employer conducts Drug Screen, Reference and Background Check
Required Training: Walking Working Surfaces, Back Care, Blood-borne Pathogens, Office Safety/ Ergonomics.
Optional Training: Portable Fire Extinguishers, First Aid- CPR, Defensive Driving.
|Technical requirements: |
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business and professional procedures and governmental regulations.
- Must be able to understand general accounting principles and apply them on a day to day basis to tasks at hand.
- Ability to write business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to present information to management, customers, and staff.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret the data.
- Ability to solve and deal with a variety of variables in communication, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to apply standards to problems or situations.
- Excel spreadsheet proficiency required.
- Must have accounting software experience. Timberline Accounting, Loan Ledger, and Jenark experience a plus.
- Responsible for compliance of company policies and directives.
- Reports any incident or accident to the Manager/Director. Informs manager of any issues.