Service Desk Technician
The Service Desk Technician I is the first response personnel to service desk requests, ensuring the proper flow of requests, development of knowledge base and management of Service Desk board. The Service Desk Technician I is expected to have knowledge of desktop and server operating systems, networking concepts and hardware, and have the skill set and ability to effectively troubleshoot related issues for our clients. This person will resolve or escalate client requests to higher tier technicians using an organized, well-documented, and thorough process while upholding Service Delivery’s goal of providing the highest quality of service with the quickest possible results.
- Know, understand, and uphold Service Delivery’s policies, procedures, and the employer's core comp any values.
- Demonstrate a desire for continued growth, and up-to-date skill sets, through study, experience, and certifications.
- Promote a positive work environment by helping to build a culture of acceptance, confidence, professional growth, and teamwork.
- Continually update or create documentation for processes that would be used by both internal staff and external clients.
- Gather and document necessary information, including user, hardware, problem description and all other relevant pieces of information to resolve or escalate client service requests within SLA response guarantees. All work and documentation is properly entered into the information system.
- Escalate ticket to higher tier technicians if no resolution plan is apparent
- Execute assigned Service Calls and associated tasks, ensuring proper constant communication with Service Desk and client contacts
- Execute assigned build orders and implementation tasks within the expected schedule and time period.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on servers, workstations and network equipment.
- Email and domain management for clients.
- Assist in installation of workstations, servers, routers, switches and other networking components.
- Partner with vendors and suppliers to find answers or solutions to client’s technology issues
- Respond to after-hours support requests to document, communicate and resolve issues based on SLA Guarantees (rotational on-call duty)