Social Service Managers
Location : Ocala
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 10714716
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Position Overview: This position is responsible for working with minimal supervision from Executive Director or Program Director to manage the social service staff and provide administrative control of day-to-day crisis and case management by performing the following duties.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assesses the psycho-social needs of girls and educates staff regarding appropriate services and possible referrals.
- Ensures case management services are provided; provides training to ensure support services and required documentation is maintained by supervised staff in ETO and other appropriate places as necessary.
- Facilitates new employee orientation training.
- Participates in parent conferences as needed.
- Facilitates care review meetings.
- Ensures all disclosures of abuse and neglect are reported.
- Follows the guidelines from Central Communications Center (CCC) and determines when to report incidents.
- Follows through and Implements strategies decided upon in management meetings.
- Ensures social services activities are communicated to ensure staff engagement.
- Ensures social services staff communicates with families of students and appropriate professionals about progress of students, i.e. Technical Schools, School Boards, and Guidance.
- Follows organized process to report data.
- Submits JJIS reports to the State Office.
- Reviews and approves completed needs assessments and summaries.
- Oversees the training and supervision of interns and volunteers in the social services department and ensures their performance meets the needs of the girls served.
- Uses ETO and other documentation to ensure needs assessments, care plans, monthly parent contacts, home visits and other contracted services are handled accurately and timely; prepares reports as necessary; ensures contractual obligations are met.
- Monitors social service training requirements and ensures certifications are current. (Applicable to Counselor II).
- Shares responsibility for maintaining center census.
- Provides supervisory guidance to staff through coaching and role modeling.
- Directs and supervises intake and transitional services (Applicable to centers with Transition Services and/or Intake position).
- Monitors the outside service providers.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates staff . Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with agency policies and applicable laws.
Required Qualifications :
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University. Major in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health, Counseling or a related field
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license for required travel
- Upholds the 6B-1.001 Code of Ethics of the Education Profession in Florida.
- Follows policies and procedures of the Agency
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill workload requirements.
- Must be able to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.; occasional overnight travel may be required
- Minimum three to five years of experience in an Educational or Social Services environment
- Knowledge of laws relating to children and families
Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Customer Services skills. Dedicated to meeting the requirements of both internal and external customers, gets first-hand information and uses it for improvements; actions are based on customers; establishes and maintains relationships with customers
- Professional etiquette.
- Active listening skills.
- Organizational skills. Ability to organize people and activities, to separate and combine tasks for efficiency; explores opportunities for synergy and integrations.
Work Schedule: Full Time
Skills :Active Listening Communication Leadership Problem solving