Software Support Specialist II
Company is the domestic and international leader in water meter testing and technology services. With more than 25 years’ experience assisting municipal and private utilities throughout the world, has a long track recorded of success.
Core business and expertise include:
- Patented Water Meter Testing Systems & Software Technology
- Water System Specialty and Fabricated Products
- Out-of-the-box thinking, allows business to leverage its unique, proprietary technology, patent positioning, manufacturing infrastructure, and world-class management strength, to further position itself as the leader in water industry.
- We are currently seeking a Software Support Specialist, where the position’s main requirements include installing, training, and providing post-install Tier 2 software and technical support for proprietary meter testing software (M3) and PC hardware installed in test bench equipment.
- The position rquires have a hands-on approach to remediate software / hardware issues and answer questions regarding the operation of the software.
- The position requires a self-starter who will coordinate with sales, electrical department, and management regarding new sales/upgrades to answer questions and develop a hardware/software plan which fits with customer needs.
- The candidate will assist in providing customer and market feature / functional feedback for existing and new products to management.
- In addition, the Software Product Support Specialist will need to communicate with team members and customers over the phone and / or in person for training and troubleshooting.
Core Position Responsibilities:
- Software Support Specialist – Tier 2 Support
- Answer questions regarding the operation of the software using information provided by the Technology Development Manager
- Troubleshoot software and hardware installations remotely or on-site with customer
- Diagnose and coordinate replacement of faulty PC hardware
- Reconfigure or reinstall MS SQL Express, MS Windows, IIS, and proprietary software as needed to provide the customer with a proper test environment
- Coordinate travel and shipping of equipment with customer contact and management as needed
- Escalate advanced issues and customer feedback to the management team for further action
- Internal IT help desk support for internal Employees
- Software Support Specialist – Installation/Training
- Coordinate with sales, electrical department, and management regarding new sales/upgrades to answer questions and develop a hardware/software plan which fits with customer needs
- Install and configure MS SQL Express, MS Windows, and IIS along with proprietary software to ensure all conditions of the project are met
- Assure hardware/software compatibility during development and installation.
- Act as the primary interface with customer IT departments to answer any questions or coordinate installation, escalating requests to management as needed
- Perform in-house and on-site installation of PCs and software to meet the project’s requirements
- Provide on-site customer training of the operation and maintenance of proprietary software
- “Soft Sales” - Introduce other hardware/software which may benefit customer, referring all questions and leads to the Director of Sales for follow-up
- Report inventory adjustments according to MARS inventory practices to ensure proper inventory count and ordering
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Computer Repair and/or CompTIA A+ preferred; however, will consider similar vocational training and experience
- 1 to 3 years in a computer technician environment or similar Military Experience
- Ability to travel regularly
- 3-5 Years’ experience in training, customer support and ability to work directly with customers
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds individually, 150 pounds as a team effort
- Demonstrated ability in the operation and configuration of MS Windows, MS SQL Server/Express, MS Office, IIS
- Conceptual understanding of computer networking and configuration, from basic “island”-type to more complex enterprise-level integrations
- Deep understanding and demonstrated ability of computer repair and troubleshooting
- Teamwork, initiative, multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal communication, ability to multitask and also easily move between tasks in certain situations, self-starter, ability to follow instructions from peers, willingness to whatever it takes to meet company and customer expectations.