Special Projects Manager
Job Type :
Reference Code :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
The overall goal of this role is to ensure Center is well positioned within the community to support outreach efforts, program awareness, advocacy, and volunteer support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Oversees employer community relationships as well as advocates for and represents the Center's program.
• Responsible for accuracy, content, and maintenance of center website.
• Develops public relations materials and disseminates.
• Oversees, designs, educates and implement special events for the Center in conjunction with other center staff.
• Creates, prepares and maintains reports, newsletters and/or documents as required
• Researches, writes and manages grants.
• Prepares preliminary annual budgets and adhere to guidelines.
• Manages donor relations to maximize cultivation and stewardship.
• Creates communications to both internal and external constituencies.
• Attends board and/or committee meetings (may record minutes as required); keeps board apprised of board engagement.
• Documents in ETO as appropriate.
• Informs staff of upcoming special events and their roles and responsibilities within the events.
• Assists along with other members of management in overseeing the daily operations of the program.
• Assists in overseeing supervision of students, student activities and student clubs.
• Works within established networks or identifies networking opportunities to obtain donations and community support.
• Established positive relationships with outside agencies and makes available all resources.
• Compiles Center highlights for use in newsletters and social media sources.
• Oversees and manages external communications to key and targeted audiences.
• Manages data in E-Tapestry.
• Oversees Center volunteer program.
• Provides technical support for funding proposals; assists with the direct mail campaign for the Center.
• Composes and mails to external constituencies on behalf of the local Center.
Required Qualifications :
Education and/or Experience and Technical Skills:
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university. Major in Business Administration, Social Services, Education, and Communications or a related field or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum three years' experience in managing tasks/projects in a development, fundraising, communications and special events/projects environment is required.
• Strong presentation and writing skills are a must.
• Proficiency in computer skills, database management and office software is required.
• Current Florida driver's license required.
• Minimum six months experience in a youth serving program is preferred.
• Must adhere to Agency Values and Principles.
• Upholds the ethical standards of the Agency.
• Follows policies and procedures of the Agency.
• Must work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill workload requirements.
• Must be able to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.; occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Ability to conduct presentations
Data Management & Security
Written and Oral Communication