The Staff Accountant is responsible of supporting financial operations by performing complex accounting services related to preparing, analyzing, maintaining and reviewing various financial statement, records and reports.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Understanding and compliance process of Sales Taxes for multiple states working with outside service provider
- General Ledger Knowledge -US GAAP
- Working knowledge of purchasing
- Working knowledge of cash flow
- Accruals, Prepaid and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and distribute daily cash reports
- Maintain Fixed Assets
- Set up new customers including analyzing credit data to establish customer credit limits.
- Enter and finalize cash receipts and update accounts receivable customer ledger; oversee in-house collections.
- Prepares for month end closing by accruing expenses; preparing general ledger entries; reconciling accounts
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and support President and CFO in carrying out the duties of the Finance Department, including adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Health and Prescription Drug Insurance
• Dental Insurance and Vision Insurance
• Paid Life and Optional Life and Related Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• 401(K) Savings Plan
• Flexible Spending Account
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Finance
- Pursuing CPA License preferred
Specialist areas of experience preferred:
- 3 Years of Accounting Experience - preference in manufacturing setting
- General Ledger maintenance- Month end close and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Deadline oriented
- Time management skills
TECHNICAL SKILLS OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems
- Analytical skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Reporting skills