Stores Intern Project
The business will partner with the City of Bushnell to offer an internship opportunity to a qualified student to assist in a special project. This will be a paid position. The project is an opportunity to have current procurement and warehousing processes bench marked against similar facilities in the region.
The project’s overall goal:
• Provide a comprehensive review of current systems comparing and contrasting to peers within the region.
Areas of focus
- Efficiency of storage space utilization
- Process for receiving of inventory
- Process for issuance of inventory
- System of inventory replenishment
- Provide a recommendation for practical improvements outlining three SMART goals.
General guidelines and assumptions:
- The project budget is 120 work hours. The weekly schedule will be determined based on availability of the intern.
- The business will arrange for the intern to spend work hours with peer utilities to gain an understanding of their basic processes
- Intern will spend significant hours researching the processes with the City of Bushnell. This research will occur with occasional direct supervision.
- The intern will be asked to begin implementation of accepted SMART goals if work hours are available.
The intern will receive $15/hour for all work hours.
Travel time of more than 30 minutes can be counted as work hours