JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position ensures equipment, sortation system; conveyors, building requirements, ammonia system and support systems are maintained at the highest efficiency level possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Manage budgets for building and repair, maintenance, supplies, third-party support and spare parts inventory.
- Maintain adequate on-hand inventory supplies to support sortation system. Monitor expenses and purchase actions.
- Obtain quotes to build strong vendor relationships. Ensure the best cost is being provided.
- Utilize maintenance connection to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Understand all profibus connections and repeaters within the sortation system.
- Identify, prioritize, and coordinate the daily activities of technicians.
- Manage the department to achieve desired results in productivity, teamwork, safety and task proficiency.
- Maintain proper staffing, required training and certifications.
- Work nights and weekends if critical system failures occur.
- Ensure the training and development of the team on all technical aspects of DC maintenance including conveyor, HVAC, ammonia refrigeration and building support systems.
- Monitor expenses by function and equipment type.
- Provide "hands on repairs" and preventative maintenance to DC systems as required.
- Monitor and maintain safety processes to keep the division in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Effectively communicate both written and orally with supervisor, peers and subordinates.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
Have a 4-year degree or equivalent professional training and experience in an industrial maintenance discipline.
Have 5 or more years of maintenance supervision experience in an automated distribution center of at least 300,000 square feet.
Have demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities, including assertiveness, organization, enthusiasm, decisiveness, planning, confidence and accountability.
Have demonstrated proficient verbal and written skills. Read and understand English.
Have strong technical working knowledge of electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, ammonia, energy management, MHE and conveyor systems.
Have computer skills including Windows, maintenance database programs and Maintenance Connection.
Have a working knowledge of PLC's, high and low voltage systems, including 480V three-phase, and computer controlled automation. Be able to work safely with potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components.
Have ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Have ability to comply with attendance policy.
Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the job.
Be able to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, blueprints and CAD.
Be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- The environment encompasses all areas of the division, with the majority of the workplace being in 35 - 38 degree conditions.
- The position requires the teammate to work inside majority of the time.
- The position will require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close proximity to other teammates.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.