Lead Administrator for Citrus, Levy, and Marion County wide area network which encompass 4 work sites within three counties. This Highly technical position requires a competent talent to administer day to day operations and oversee a Windows 2012/2008 active directory integrated network, Terminal Server and Citrix Server Farm to include 26 servers that includes 11 servers with roles, 5 domain controllers, 4 XenServers/Linux, 6 Xen Apps Servers, 300+ workstations, routers, hubs, switches, firewalls, MPLS and metropolitan area networks. Motivated, curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments. Creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence and has a strong internal drive to be successful in their career. Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks and demonstrates effective prioritization of workload anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions in order to make sound recommendations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administers Citrus, Levy, Marion County Wide Area Network – network, email, internet and any other functions or projects as required.
- Manage, maintain and monitor Terminal Server for both internal and external clients.
- Manage, maintain and monitor the Citrix Server Farm to ensure that capacity planning is adequate for supporting and maintaining Citrix apps.
- Maintain Citrix Farm hardware, software and operating systems.
- Manage, maintain and monitor Barracuda Backup, Web Filter, Email Security Gateway and Message Archiver appliances.
- Manages Unified Connection Manager and Unity Connection and company VOIP phones
- Identifies, analyzes and rectifies computer system problems and failures.
- Manage and provides top level helpdesk desktop support for staff and public facing computers.
- Ensures work orders for service calls are prioritized, worked and cleared in a timely manner.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, reports, and resolves issues with network, software and hardware.
- Installs and configures network file/application servers.
- Setup, installs and ensures operation of network equipment, cabling, hardware and software.
- Maintains working inventory of network resources including laptops and printers.
- Administers network user accounts and email accounts.
- Assists IT Director in determining needs and recommending procurement of equipment.
- Carries out special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Administers DHCP/DNS and Web Servers to include updating Webserver and Intranet.
- Acts as POC for office equipment.
- Provides technical input to IT Director regarding data and trends.
- Works with State of Florida to gain in-depth knowledge of Employ Florida, OSMIS, etc.
- Acts as security officer for Region 10 implementing security policy and procedures for int/ext data.
- Maintains, backs up, and updates servers, firewalls, and controllers.
- Troubleshooting various parts of our infrastructure including network technologies, cloud based products, and internal office systems
- Managing, patching and performing upgrades to core systems and technologies, prioritizing infrastructure tasks to ensure flawless work experience and access for internal users either remotely or in the office
- Builds, configures and maintains workstations and computer labs.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, update and administers various switches.
- Develops/maintains network usage procedures and network systems policies.
- Prepares reports and attends meetings.
- Performs equipment inventories as required
- Maintains compliance with all personnel policies and procedures.
- Understanding of the OSI network model
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance administration
- Works with the IT Director to manage vendor IT service contracts and renewals
- Documents configuration, upgrades, procedures, problem resolution associated with network, hardware/software and operating systems etc.
- Performs other job functions as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree from a two year college or technical school with major course work in Management Information Systems, Computer Sciences, or related field, with a minimum of three (3) years similar computer experience, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, or demonstrated competence. Microsoft certifications preferred, Cisco experience a plus.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Ability to administer Active Directory environment, User Accounts, Groups, OUs, Sites, Subnets and VLans.
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange.
- Ability to administer and manage CISCO VOIP Unity Connection and Communications Manager.
- Ability to administer, change, create and troubleshoot Group Policy Objects.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot thin client devices.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships, exercise initiative, and interact positively.
- Ability to work with customers to solve hardware and operating system problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of computers with emphasis on client/server architectures, operating systems, programming languages, graphic workstations, and installation of hardware and peripheral.
- Knowledge of migrating and upgrading Citrix Servers and components
- Knowledge and ability to configure firewalls, filters, CISCO POE VLAN switches and wireless access points.
- Knowledge of State Applications - EFM, OSMIS & OSST.
- To perform this job successfully the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.
- Acceptable vision and hearing with or without correction;
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying;
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment
- Works primarily inside in an office environment.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Subject to drug screening
- Subject to records check
- Must be able to work flexible hours (Full - Time position)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.