Must be able to provide theoretical and practical instructional activities in Mechanical and Architectural Drafting.
Students will be required to sit for the ADDA Drafting exam(s) and take one or more of the Apprentice or Certified Drafter exams in mechanical or architectural.
(1) Provide the appropriate educational opportunities and instruction for each student, according to his/her needs and abilities.
(2) Prepare, in advance, appropriate lesson plans.
(3) Keep accurate records, tests, reports, etc., as required by Florida Statutes, Regulations, and School Board Policy.
(4) Establish and maintain open communication with parents; establish and maintain good rapport with students, school personnel, and parents.
(5) Work with fellow teachers, assistants, parent volunteers, administration, etc., in planning for instruction.
(6) Participate in staff development and in-service training.
(7) Establish and maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to teaching and learning; plan and implement use of classroom time effectively.
(8) Implement School board and school-based policies and procedures in order to uphold school regulations.
(9) Work closely with guidance personnel to assist students with special needs.
(10) Communicate curriculum and student-related information effectively in oral and written mode.
(11) Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
- Bachelor's Degree with certification/eligibility in the area of assignment preferred.
- Competence in subject matter assigned to teach.
- Must have proficient knowledge of AutoCad.
- Knowledge of computer applications and educational technology as related to instructional function.
- Six years of related experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of national, state, and district educational trends and goals. Knowledge of effective curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices. Work diligently and faithfully to help students to meet or exceed annual learning goals, to meet state and local achievement requirements, and to master the skills required to graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary education and work.
Position is full time, hours not specified
Salary: $37,200.00 Annually