Teacher (Math, Science)
English # 17-0173, Math #18-0146, Science #18-0122
PLANNING AND ASSESSMENT OF CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
- Keeps up to date regarding curriculum content.
- Understands how to plan for effective classroom instruction by utilizing higher level thinking/reasoning skills, central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline and developmental tasks.
- Creates learning experiences which foster meaningful learning experiences for girls.
- Creates lesson plans that effectively utilize all materials and resources available to achieve the objectives of the curriculum and adheres to Sunshine State Standards and district pupil progression.
- Plans assessment and monitors progress of student learning effectively.
- Monitors students understanding of the curriculum
EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT
- Creates an environment that is conducive for student learning and involvement.
- Maintains appropriate standards of behavior, mutual respect and safety.
- Adheres to the PACE, Inc. (or center specific) Behavior Management System
- Creates learning objectives that are clear and relevant to girls.
- Uses innovative, appropriate, and differentiated instructional techniques and strategies.
- Uses appropriate questioning techniques.
- Implements innovative approaches, evaluates and refines instructional strategies including the effective integration of technologies to enhance learning opportunities.
ACADEMIC ADVISING - THE PROMOTION OF HIGH STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS FOR MEMBERS OF ADVISEE GROUP
- Develops reviews, modifies, communicates and updates learning goals, standards and expectations with students.
- Promotes confidence and perseverance in the student that stimulate increased personal student responsibility for achieving the goals of the curriculum.
- Promotes graduation requirements, necessity of obtaining credits, achieving a strong GPA, college readiness, etc.
PROMOTION OF EQUITY AND APPRECIATION OF DIVERSITY
- Strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning.
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals.
- Fosters and maintains a gender responsive environment.
FULFILLMENT OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates professional and cooperative in interactions with parents while being receptive to their contributions.
- Shares responsibility, works collaboratively and constructively with colleagues for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her teacher assignment, center and school district.
- Takes on role of a reflective and continuous learner
Position is full-time, hours not specified
- Bachelor's Degree (with major in subject being taught or related area preferred.)
- Current Florida State Teacher's Certification
- Attains and/or maintains certification and endorsements by required deadlines
- Minimum one year teaching experience
- Valid Florida ID or Florida Drivers License required for travel
- Knowledge of laws relating to children and families
Must adhere to Agency Values and Principles.
Upholds the ethical standards of the Agency and 6B-1.001 Code of Ethics of the Education, Profession in Florida.
Follows policies and procedures of the Agency.
Work Schedule: Full -Time, Hours not specified
Salary: Not Specified