Establishes communication systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
- Plan network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications
- Ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables;
- Installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm and fire-suppression systems; building ironwork and ladder racks;
- Programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; coordinating with contractors.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday - Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm, benefits after 90 days
Salary: $20.00 - $25.00 depending on experience.
- High School diploma
- Positions requires valid driver's license
- 2 years experience in Telecommunications Systems Engineering
- Telecommunications Technologies Knowledge
- Experience in provisioning
- Technical Understanding
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Position requires attention to detail
- Position requires verbal communication and documentation skills
- Experience in audiovisual maintenance desired