Location : Gainesville
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 11163131
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Professional accounting work maintaining general ledger and financial reporting system and conducting annual financial compliance monitoring of subcontractors.
- Monitors subcontractors annually for compliance to contract provisions regarding fiscal systems.
- Prepares information for various payroll tax reports, tax deposits and journal entries.
- Reviews accounts payable for compliance with fiscal and procurement policies.
- Reviews accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and property management documents.
- Prepares deposit slips for bank deposits.
- Attends training which deals with compliance issues, monitoring, auditing, programmatic initiatives or changes.
- Stays current with all appropriate regulations.
- Attends necessary local meetings, including standard meetings such as varying board and committee meetings.
- Evaluates RFP responses.
- Assists with the audits of the administrative entity.
- Attends training opportunities throughout Florida and sometimes outside of the state for topics dealing with WIOA and Workforce related, and any other issues that could have an impact on programs within LWDA9.
- Performs a wide variety of Human Resources functions involving the in-processing of the new employees and the maintenance of files and records.
- Assists in performing statistical analysis.
- Provides technical assistance to contractors as needed.
- Maintains compliance with all personnel policies and procedures.
- Performs other job functions as required.
Salary:$44,460 to $69,139
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting preferred or related field.
- Two years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, experience or demonstrated competence.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and policies affecting employment and training regulatory reviews.
- Knowledge of research, data analysis, and report writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to handle stressful deadline demands.