PURPOSE: Primary responsibilities include assisting the Chief Finance Officer with data entry, accounting and administrative duties, including the provider payment process and payroll. This position is responsible for the daily accounting functions to ensure timely and accurate reporting, ensuring that all information of confidential nature is held in a secure and confidential manner. Specifically, this position will process monthly provider payments, accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions, adjusting journal entries, and payroll.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accounting and Finance:
- Maintain accounts payable and vendor files
- Ensure that W-9’s received from all vendors and information is accurate with in the
- accounting system
- Process weekly accounts payable including:
- Matching invoices with purchase order authorizations and other support documentation
- Verifies expenses, matches receipts of expense reports in accordance to Coalition guidelines
- Appropriately code invoices
- Input accounts payable data into accounting system
- Process aged accounts payable reports and check selections for approval of Chief Finance Officer
- Responsible for Purchase Orders (PO) and Check Request Control Log
- Assign and issue PO numbers to staff upon request
- Assign CR numbers to any check request
- Monitor outstanding purchase orders awaiting invoicing or delivery receipts
- Process provider payments via the accounting system
- Monitor and record credit card charges upon receipt
- Under the direction of the Chief Finance Officer assist with the processing of 1099’s for
o Accounts Receivable
- Set-up and maintain accounts receivable and customer files
- Prepare invoices for matching grants as appropriate
- Assist with preparation of monthly invoices for Florida’s Office of Early Learning(OEL)
- Record all invoices into the accounting system
o Cash Receipts
- Ensure that all deposits are recorded in to the accounting system timely
- Ensure PayPal transactions are recorded into the accounting system daily
➢ General Accounting and Finance
- Responsible for scanning and filing both paper and electronic copies of all accounting documents
- Responsible for annual physical inventory review, ensuring that all information is accounted for as per OEL guidelines and Coalition Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for preparation and submission of monthly allocation for month-end close out
- Responsible for preparation of annual allocation of interest income and distribution to OEL
- Review and reconciliation of asset and liability accounts monthly
- Assist with on-site fiscal monitoring visits by OEL, as appropriate
- Compile support documentation for expenditure validation testing by OEL, as appropriate
- Assist Chief Finance Officer with preparation for annual audit
- Attend scheduled conference calls, webinars and trainings as necessary
- Assist Chief Finance Officer with other tasks as required
o Responsible for bi-weekly payroll (exempt and non-exempt)and preparation of bank file to be uploaded, upon approval
o Responsible for submitting bi-weekly payroll taxes and recording data into the accounting system
o Prepare403(b) benefits and deduction reports for Chief Finance Officer
o Responsible for downloading monthly labor distribution reports and calculating pool
allocations for monitoring purposes
o Under the direction of the Chief Finance Officer process employee W-2’s and employer W-
➢ Responsible for taking minutes at Coalition Finance Committee meetings and to serve as a back-up for Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings if necessary.
➢ Ensure that all information of confidential nature is held in a secure and confidential manner.
➢ Attend, and assist with, a minimum of three community outreach events annually outside regularly scheduled operating hours of the Coalition, including evenings and weekends.
➢ Attend a minimum of two professional development trainings annually as approved by your
➢ Other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in concert with other team members on all Coalition programs/projects.
- Interpret and effectivelycommunicateCoalitionpoliciesverballyandinwriting.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred and three(3) years of experience related to the duties of the position; or
Associates Degree with an emphasis in accounting and five(5) years of job-related experience. Accounting experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
Prefer experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting software.
Must demonstrate a working knowledge of not-for-profit leadership and government rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to make mathematical calculations
Ability to organize, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow-upon own and
subordinates’ assignments with little to no supervision
Ability to manage time effectively
Ability to work collaboratively and foster teamwork amongst cross-functional teams
Ability to effectively communicate sensitive information and exercise sound judgement
Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio- economic levels
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with a variety of constituents
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables
Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
Knowledge of English business language and ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
Knowledge of basic customer service techniques
Demonstrates knowledge of accounting and budgeting practices
Proficiency in the operation and use of a personal computer and computer software applications (Microsoft Office Suite). Ability to navigate the internet. Knowledge of accounting software, preferably Abila MIP
Knowledge of accounting software, preferably Abia MIP
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extensive periods of time; use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard and calculator; reach with arms and hands, and stoop, kneel or crouch. In addition, the employee will occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
Must submit to and pass a local and national background screening, including fingerprinting. Requires a valid Florida Driver’s License, good driving record and automobile insurance. Must have transportation for required travel.
Business conducts a drug screening
Must maintain a valid CPR/FirstAid Certification.
Ability to work flexible hours/schedule ,i.e. occasional Saturdays and evening hours. on occasion and ability to work off-site in different settings throughout the community.
Works primarily in an office environment.
THIS DESCRIPTION in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties, responsibilities, and requirements are essential to the job. Job functions and requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilitiestoperformeachdutyproficiently.