Application Engineer-Power Generation
Location : Ocala, FL
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 11186699
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are looking for a proactive application engineer with significant hands on experience in the power generation industry. One with strong technical and electrical experience to help with designs and special projects. Able to work with our Engineering team to carry out specific tasks that are vital to sales, production, and the engineering departments.
Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
- Being the liaison with draft persons/engineers to gather product information, requirements and design specifications for our customers.
- Works with customers, engineers and other departments to communicate needs and help with processes throughout the company.
- Identify potential operational issues to improve efficiencies.
- Communicate with customers to obtain information and provide clear direction for projects in production and estimates.
- Enter Bills of Material into our MRP software systems.
- Update files and maintain consistency with engineering records and part drawings.
- Communicate with suppliers to obtain quotes and process orders.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Interact with organizational team members and others departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Salary: $22.00-$28.00 per hour DOE
Required Qualifications :
- 10+ years of hands on work experience in the Power Generation industry and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of electrical components, generators, circuit breakers, load centers, panel boards, transformers, etc.
- Knowledge of fuel tanks, fuel pumps, enclosures, exhaust systems.
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software. Inventor and or Solid Works.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize projects and problem-solving skills.
- Research skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Administrative skills.
- Customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with our customers and internal departments.
- Math skills.
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
- Computer, copier and other office equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time; walk on non-forgiving surfaces such as concrete, wood, and metal (to include metal or fiberglass ramps placed on 30 degree angles); climb stairs, balance, climb, stoop, crouch, and crawl; walk on hilly and uneven ground; use hands to handle and feel; reach with hands; lift push, pull, and/or move more than 50 lbs without a mechanical aid; and communicate with others.
- Work environment is a manufacturing warehouse atmosphere with extreme temperature changes, loud noises and machinery with moving parts.
- Work environment could also involve some outside exposure.