Administers the policies and programs for Head Start and Early Head Start. This person is responsible for the planning, daily operations, and evaluation of the programs.
1. Select, recruit, supervise and train assigned Center Managers.
2. Coordinate with the Center Managers for the recruitment and selection of center based staff.
3. Develop individual professional development plans for Center Managers.
4. Work with Center Managers, Education Manager and management team to coordinate training for new center staff.
5. Monitor and adhere to the Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten contracts.
6. Ensure that regular performance review and goal development for all center staff is conducted in a timely and meaningful manner.
7. Work with Director of Center Operations, management team and Policy Council to develop program plans and goals for Head Start and Early Head Start that meet the needs of the community.
8. Monitor program quality and adherence to governmental and educational standards by use of the Head Start/Early Head Start Performance Standards, NAEYC Criteria, APPLE and Florida Department of Children and Families Regulations, and other program assessment tools used by the agency.
9. Monitor the approved program budget for Head Start/Early Head Start and take appropriate action to correct variances.
10. Collaborate with management team to arrange, plan, and conduct program-wide staff trainings and staff meetings.
11. Prepare and submit accurate and timely reports required by funding sources.
12. Work with Center Manager, HR and/or Director of Center Operations as needed to follow up on parent and community complaints.
13. Assist HR as needed to investigate staff disciplinary issues.
14. Support and encourage a working atmosphere that allows for creative thinking, positive attitudes, dedication of the mission of ECS, and teamwork.
15. Assist staff in cultivating key relations with community agencies to enhance future program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors in Management, Education or related field
3-5 years related Head Start experience
Management of child care program preferred
Complete 15 hours of in-service/professional development training hours each fiscal year (July-June)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Driver's license for required travel
Business will conduct Drug Screening, Background and Reference checks.
Position is full-time
Annual Salary: $48,000.00 - $52,000.00, DOE