We are looking for a self-starter and motivated individual to help us minimize the risk of job-related accidents. Monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities and develop policies to promote occupational health and safety awareness.
- Responsibilities include supporting and coordinating safety awareness programs.
- Ensuring proper reporting of work-related accidents.
- Must be able to identify safety hazards.
- Coordinating and/or conducting all safety training, including physical aspects such as proper bending, lifting, and stretching procedures, as well as any related follow-up necessary to maintain compliance in these areas.
- Assist with keeping OSHA log updated.
- Assist with accident/injury/near miss response and investigations.
- Assist with investigations into employee inquiries, suggestions, and complaints.
- Maintain required safety and health documents/files.
- Manage and enforce all OSHA rules and regulations.
- Engage team members to build and maintain an integrated safety culture.
- Schedule and conduct forklift training classes.
- Development and administration of current safety training programs as required.
- Conducts safety audits to ensure compliance with OSHA, Federal and State requirements.
- New hire safety orientation and training.
- Language Required: Proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Safety Coordinator.
- Manufacturing or Industrial environment preferred.
- OSHA 10 30, Fall Protection, Forklift Safety Certifications a plus.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Strong skills developing relationships across all levels and functions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong ability to follow instructions as directed and work with a sense of urgency.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to cover night shifts.