Business Support Application Specialist II
Job Title: Business Application Support Specialist II
Responsibilities: The Business Application Support Specialist II assists in the development, implementation, education and utilization of information systems required for TVH Clinical & Business patient care/operational initiatives for all service lines. The Business Applications Support role will act as a liaison for the clinical & business users to the Applications team and provide a range of functions for our end users including responding to service desk cases, testing of new features, as well as assisting with product administration and communication to users.
- Provide guidance and support to existing office personnel with using TVH Clinical & Business applications.
- Work closely with clinicians, supervisors, office support/clerical and management-level employees as needed, developing and maintaining rapport in order to facilitate support and identify potential disparities in entry of data, workflow or reporting as it relates to the clinical and business applications.
- Provides on-call support and backup support for other team members based on assigned area of responsibility in a timely and effective manner by maintaining a Villages Health approved device that enables quick accessibility and support.
- Perform administrative functions within the clinical information system, including but not limited to: Patient account creation, deletion, and alternations such as name change due to marriage or divorce; dictionary maintenance; creation and maintenance of forms and reports; and user maintenance.
- Assist IT Director, Clinical Application Specialist Supervisor, and Business Application Specialist Supervisor with ad hoc tasks related to system upgrades.
- Liaison with Information Technology Solutions Group (TSG) on helpdesk tickets relating to clinical information systems and/or hardware in The Villages Health office locations. Provide troubleshooting, problem solving and technical support via phone, web and/or in person for efficient and effective problem resolution for end users.
- Work in partnership with the Business, Clinical, Training, Resource and Quality Improvement Departments and supervisory staff to develop/adapt policies and procedures to accompany application workflows.
- Participate in relevant meetings as scheduled, including meetings with internal and external pilot/project stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manage regular communications with external partners relevant to pilot/project.
- Recommend program design modifications as needed to ensure program supports innovations at TVH.
- Working with customers to understand their requirements with Business products and services.
- Project management with the delivery of applications and software into onboarding production.
- Creatively resolve implementation issues and customer problems using existing platform functionality.
- Serve as a trusted advisor by advocating for client needs and product requests to TVH’s internal support, product, engineering, and sales teams.
- Provide support and mentorship by demonstrating knowledge of products, services, and best practices.
- Motivate customers to complete implementation successfully by ensuring they are tracking against optimal timelines.
Hours: Full time; 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm one night a week, nights occasionally, must be flexible: M-F, weekends occasionally on a rotating basis with other team members.
Location: The Villages, FL
- Minimum of two years medical group or hospital clinical nursing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (in a clinical field such as nursing) from college or certification from a technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel to various office locations.
- Must have valid driver’s license with record acceptable to company standards.
- Strong software and/or SaaS experience required
- 3+ years of experience analyzing and understanding technical offerings and products