Business Support Specialist I
Job Title: Business Application Support Specialist I
Responsibilities: The Business Application Support Specialist I will provide technical assistance and answers to users’ questions, assisting users by troubleshooting problems with computer hardware or software. This person will track and log support calls to identify trends and opportunities.
- Identifies, investigates, and triages user problems with computer software applications, Electronic Heath Records Systems, and computer or medical hardware.
- Maintains inventory documentation of new equipment and stages inventory.
- Fields and assigns support calls, chat, email, tickets, and/or other communication from users with inquiries regarding Electronic Health Records System software setup, connectivity, printing, and similar concerns.
- Consults with users whether in person or via phones to determine steps and procedures taken to identify and resolve the problem.
- Applies knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures to solve basic problems.
- Guides users through diagnostic and troubleshooting processes, which may include use of diagnostic tools and software and/or following verbal instructions.
- Collaborates with Clinical Application Specialists, Business Application Specialists, and Technology Field Support teams to triage tickets based on requests for subject area of need.
- Maintains knowledge of EHR technology innovations and trends.
- Collaborates and coordinates service calls with TSG and their field support technicians.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours: Full time; Monday to Friday
Salary: Based on experience
Location: The Villages, FL
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 Suite or related software.
- Experience with Athenahealth or other HER a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related Healthcare field preferred.
- At least one year working in a healthcare technical support role preferred.