Clinical Application Specialist
Job Type : Regular
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Provide guidance and support to existing office personnel with using -clinical applications.
- Application and/or workflow discovery.
- Participation in strategic planning sessions to support the overall goals of Clinical Education and the Training Team within the Enterprise.
- Work closely with clinicians, supervisors, office support/clerical and management-level employees as needed, developing and maintaining rapport in order to facilitate support and identify potential disparities in entry of data, workflow or reporting as it relates to the clinical information system.
- Participate with the development of educational programs to support the enterprise strategic initiatives, regulatory requirements, patient care experience, patient safety initiative, evidence-based practice, and compliance accountability.
- Provides on-call support and backup support for other team members based on assigned area of responsibility in a timely and effective manner by maintaining a Villages Health approved device that enables quick accessibility and support.
- Assist with teaching classes and webinars to train and/or re-educate clinicians, supervisors, office support/clerical and management-level employees in appropriate use and functionality of the clinical information system both in the office and in the field.
- Utilize strategic analysis skills in order to optimize use of clinical information system, enhance strategic initiatives, and provide relevant data to outside sources, and/or other needs as they may arise.
- Perform administrative functions within the clinical information system, including but not limited to: Patient account creation, deletion, and alterations such as name change due to marriage or divorce; dictionary maintenance; creation and maintenance of forms and reports; and user maintenance.
- Assist with system upgrades and/or new releases of clinical information system, including system file structure maintenance, testing, debugging and communication.
- Assist Manager and Sr. Application Specialist with system upgrades and/or new releases of clinical information system including system file structure maintenance, testing, debugging and communication.
- Liaison with Information Technology Solutions Group (TSG) on helpdesk tickets relating to clinical information systems and/or hardware in The Villages Health office locations. Provide troubleshooting, problem solving and technical support via phone, web and/or in person for efficient and effective problem resolution for end users.
- Work collaboratively with the support staff at Technology Solutions Group (TSG) and/or other clinical/operations system to resolve issues related to the software functionality.
- Participate in the documentation of clinical and business work flows as it relates to the clinical information system.
- Assist with maintaining and updating all clinical information training materials including participant manuals, visuals, power point applications and/or vendors.
- Support department-based goals that align with the enterprise.
Required Qualifications :
- Leadership skills, initiative, organization, and self-direction
- Strong Clinical background with the ability to map clinical processes, gather and analyze data, effectively present ideas and views to clinical audiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, listening, and assessment skills
- Minimum of two years medical group, ambulatory, or hospital clinical nursing experience (required)
- Minimum of two years medical group or hospital clinical nursing experience
- Healthcare Operations (Preferred)
- Clinical Operations (Preferred)
- Experience with Athena (Preferred)
- Familiarity with systems interfaces
- Familiarity with medical device integration
- Athena (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (in a clinical field such as nursing) from college or certification from a technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (Preferred)
- Travel to various office locations. Must have valid driver’s license to travel as required for the position.