Community Development Grant Administrator
Location : Ocala, FL
Job Type : Regular
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Management and oversight of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Entitlement Grants Program.
- Development of Five-Year Consolidated Plan that establishes project priorities as well as development and implementation of the Annual Action Plan.
- Preparation and submission of Annual CAPER.
- Develop eligible and achievable projects to be incorporated in the Annual Action that accomplish goals and objectives of the Consolidated Plan and enable compliance with timeliness requirements.
- Coordinate with the City in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, and programs in support of the HOME Consortium.
- Initiate and prepare the budget for the HUD grants received, approve work program and expenditures to ensure that expenditures remain within established budget.
- Develop and implement procedures and processes for an internal fiscal tracking system and IDIS to ensure checks and balances are established to provide proper use, security, economy, and accountability of all funds.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, contracts, forms and other items necessary for the administration of the grants program.
- Prepare, present and assist with written and oral presentations and reports for the Board and other government officials, HUD, community based organizations, and general public.
- Research, prepare and assist in analysis and interpretation of data for consistency with local, state, and federal governing agreements, statutes, rules and regulations.
- Coordinate with civic leaders, government officials, industrialists, educators, financiers, and the general public to obtain a factual basis for planning projects and studies.
- Monitor the City and other sub-recipients for adherence to contract and grant requirements.
- Prepare and maintain tiered environmental clearances and project-level environmental compliance.
- Supervision of staff directly related to the administration of the HUD grants.
- Prepare recommendations for the establishment, abolition, or revision of ordinances, rules, regulations, capital improvement schedules and other implementation methods for consolidated planning and general activities.
- Assist in administration responsibility for the office, representation and participating as a member of committees and study teams designated.
- Initiate and effectively recommend for final approval by the Department Director hiring, termination, and performance evaluation, disciplinary and or commendatory actions for assigned personnel.
- Oversight, administration and supervision of the HUD grants programs for any incorporated cities that may be joined with entitlement program in the future.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to clearly and concisely communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to speak effectively before public groups and to exercise sound judgment and tact.
Required Qualifications :
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Planning or a related field; with three years progressively responsible and professional experience in government programs related to housing, community development or planning, two years of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Successful completion of the CBDG Basics and Certified HOME Specialist trainings a plus.