Computer Technician/End User Support
Location : Belleview
Job Type : Regular
Reference Code : 11053845
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : High School Diploma
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
This employee will install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade computer hardware and computer software peripheral equipment; assess and train users in the use of applications; prepare documentation associated with desktop applications and hardware; and act as primary support for the Technology and Information Systems centralized help desk and call center. This employee reports to and is supervised by the Information Technology Director.
Salary: $16.04 per hour.
Required Qualifications :
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Computer Applications Support:
- Act as the primary design/support technician for desktop image
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software.
- Trouble-shoot computer systems connected in a LAN/WAN environment, including troubleshooting hardware and enterprise software and peripheral equipment; make repairs and corrections where required.
- Perform maintenance on desktop computer equipment.
- Troubleshoot network printing in an Active Directory and Windows Server domain.
- Troubleshoot network printing in a Terminal Server environment.
- Receive files submitted over the network via File Transfer Protocol.
- Troubleshoot the processing of electronic files when failure occurs.
- Work with departments in resolving network printing configuration issues, malfunctioning equipment, and network connection issues relating to network printing.
- Escalate application issues to personnel and provide documentation of troubleshooting steps completed via centralized help desk.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of modern information systems, data processing concepts, techniques, operating principles and security.
- Knowledge of personal computers, techniques and issues regarding the operation and administration of multi-user computer systems, servers and/or LAN/WAN environments, as well as understanding of data communication/transmission protocols.
- Ability to learn departmental processes and how they inter-relate to technology needs.
- Ability to operate personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate with and instruct others, orally and in writing, using both technical and non-technical language to explain technical subjects and processes and to convey instructions and answer questions in non-technical terms.
- Ability to work under pressure to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems associated with computer systems, servers and networks, under pressure of deadlines, with less than optimum resources.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with employees and representatives of other agencies and companies.
- Interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communications.
- Organizational skills
- Due to nature of job ability to speak English proficiently.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) years verifiable work experience in related field.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- CompTIA A+ and Microsoft Certified Professional Certification or equivalent; or AS or AA Degree/experience may substitute for certification;however, employee must obtain required certification within 12 months of employment.
- Employer conducts Drug Screen and Background check.
Skills :Computer repair Computer skills Computer Technician