Construction Engineer / Estimator
Contracting Company is seeking to fill a Construction Engineer / Estimator job opening for our
Wildwood division. This position requires 5 years of civil construction estimating experience, with an emphasis on highway interchanges, drainage systems, roads and bridges. This position is based in Wildwood,Florida.
The Construction Engineer / Estimator will be responsible for performing the essential functions described below under the direct supervision of the Area Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must have 5 years in civil construction asphalt engineering estimating experience
• Must have experience in estimating projects which typically range from 5,000 to 20 million dollars
• Must have working knowledge of construction assemblies and all project phases
• Proven ability to produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings
• Proven ability to produce detailed, final contract estimates
• Proven ability to assess site exposures/construction risks and be able to appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate
• Proven ability to identify construct-ability issues through the estimating process.
• Proven ability to identify value-engineering alternatives
• Working experience on HCSS Heavy Bid Software and AGTEK 4D a plus
• Must have written and verbal communication skills
• Must be flexible with work schedule
• Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
• Must be able to work as part of a team
• Valid Florida driver's license for required travel
• Employer conducts a federal background check and drug screening
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction industry with demonstrated expertise in bidding, 10 years of experience preferred
• Strong capabilities using take-off, estimating and construction accounting software
Work Schedule: Hours not specified
Salary: $70,000 to $105,000; Depends on experience
Employer offers fringe benefits.
EOE/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.